A Postdoctoral Research Position is available immediately to study immune responses in cancers.
Qualified applicants should have expertise in immunology OR in cancer biology, molecular biology/cloning, computational biology/NGS data analyses, and genetically engineered mouse models. The qualified applicant must possess a Ph.D. and should have a strong publication record (1st author peer-reviewed publications). Candidates with funding or a record of having successfully competed for funding will be considered highly.
The position offer competitive salary and great potential for career advancement.
Applicants who are interested in this position should email 1) statement of research interests and career goals, 2) curriculum vitae including bibliography, 3) names and contact information of three references to:
Andrea Schietinger, PhD (email@example.com)
A Research Technician Position is available immediately.
- Managing transgenic and knockout mouse strains and carrying out genotyping by PCR and flow cytometry
- Assisting lab members with experimental procedures
- Analyzing peripheral blood and tissues from mice and humans by flow cytometry
- Administration of cells, immunostimulatory reagents, and/or medications to mice via intraperitoneal, subcutaneous, and intravenous routes
- Monitoring mice health and tumor development
- Preparing DNA and RNA from primary mouse tissues and cell lines for quantitative RT-PCR analysis
- Designing and carrying out cloning projects
- Culturing mouse and human cell lines and carrying out in vitro transfection/transduction
- General lab upkeep, including preparing reagents, ordering etc.
- BS in Biochemistry or Biological Chemistry, Molecular Biology, Biophysics, or related fields
- At least 1-2 years of experience working with mice, including genotyping
- Experience with molecular biology including PCR and bacterial work
- Ability to learn new techniques and work independently once objectives explained
- Strong organizational and record-keeping skills
If you are interested, please apply to: Andrea Schietinger, PhD (firstname.lastname@example.org)